(Cross-posting from over here.)
Hey everyone! Using some resources at hand, I’ve been able to recreate what I think are the morph creation rules for EP 2nd Edition. Because these are specifically for 2nd edition, it’s highly recommended to give the play-test rules for character creation a read, as that’s where a large amount of relevant info comes from.
Other information was gleaned from this chart.
EDIT: It’s possible the info on this chart isn’t supposed to be shared until everything is nailed down by the devs. If so, I will remove the link if requested.
PLEASE NOTE: These rules are not official, and are merely my conclusions based on the information available. They are subject to change should new information become available, or official morph creation rules be released.
Determine the following MP values:
(CP cost for pools is 2 per pool/Flex point)
(Baseline DUR of 35. Every +/-5 DUR is +/-2 CP)
Below are unlisted morph traits currently available for customization. Morph Traits from the current draft of the character creation rules may also be used.
Light Frame (6/4) - 2CP
Medium Frame (8/6) - 4CP
Heavy Frame (12/10) - 6CP
Swarm Characteristics - 2CP
Light (DV 2d6) - Minor
Medium (DV 1d10) - Moderate
Reach - Moderate
Extra Arms - Minor (per pair)
Utilitool - Moderate
Nano Hive - Moderate
(Ware MP cost is 1 for Minor, 2 for Moderate, and 4 for Major complexity)
Determine total MP value and final, in-game value.
Total: (Total of Pools, DUR, Traits and Wares MP values)
¼ Cost: (Total MP reduced to ¼ Total Morph MP)
Final Cost: (Round to nearest whole number)
- Non-standard sizes appear to have a cost of 0 MP due to the associated balance of penalties/benefits.
- Movement systems appear to have a 0-MP cost.
- There does not appear to be a limit to positive or negative traits used in a morph. A conservative suggestion is to have no more than 2 negative traits, and no more than 4 positive traits.
- 2nd Edition Wares and complexities can be found in the Equipment Package section of the Character Creation rules of the current draft (June 08).
- 1st Edition Augments can be converted roughly equally from their respective Cost Category to Complexity. Augments with the Expensive cost category should instead convert to either Major complexity [Restricted] or Rare complexity, per GM ruling.
Takko (6 MP)
Movement Rate: Thrust Vector 8/40, Walker 4/16
Ware: 360 Degree Vision, Access Jacks, Chameleon Skin, Cortical Stack, Cyberbrain, Enhanced Vision, Grip Pads, Mesh Inserts, Mnemonics, Polarized Vision, Puppet Sock
Morph Traits: Limberness 2, Medium Frame (8/6), Exotic Morphology 3
Notes: 8 Arms (+3 pairs), Natural Attack: Beak (DV 1d10)
DUR 35, WT 7, DR 70
Insight 1, Moxie 0, Vigor 2, Flex 0
Pool CP (6)
- I/M/V Points 1/0/2
- Flex Points 0
- DUR +0
- Limberness 2 (2)
- Medium Frame 8/6 (4)
- Natural Weapon - Medium (2)
- Exotic Morphology 3 (-6)
- Minor (14)
- 360 Degree Vision, Access Jacks, Chameleon Skin, Cortical Stack, Cyberbrain, Enhanced Vision, Extra Limbs (x3), Grip Pads, Mesh Inserts, Mnemonics, Polarized Vision, Puppet Sock
¼ Cost: 5.5
Final Cost: 6
Synthtaur (7 MP)
Movement Rate: Walker (4/20 Biped, 6/40 Quadruped)
Ware: Access Jacks, Cortical Stack, Cyberbrain, Extra Limbs, Grip Pads, Mesh Inserts, Mnemonics, Pneumatic Limbs, Prehensile Feet, Puppet Sock, Retractable Limbs
Morph Traits: Medium Frame (8/6), Tough 3, Exotic Morphology 3
Notes: Extra Limbs (+1 Pair), Large size
DUR 60, WT 12, DR 120
Insight 1, Moxie 1, Vigor 2, Flex 2
2nd Edition Morph Creation Rules