Want to run Eclipse Phase games for people and get a peek at our new Gencon adventures for this year?
If so we are looking for a few people who'd be willing to help us staff our last few games for Gencon 2013. Due to one of our GMs having to drop out we're in a bit of a lurch and are hoping some of you all can step up and assist us.
Currently we have 6 games that need coverage (one on Friday, three on Saturday, and two on Sunday). All of our GMs are paid, plus you'll earn our gratitude.
If you think you may be able to help us out then please email Brian at the email address brian[at]posthumanstudios.com.
We've organized four panels at Gen Con this year featuring Posthumans and our brilliant & convivial industry colleagues. We expect some interesting conversations; come check them out! (Click on the titles for Gen Con's official listings).
Crowne Plaza : Grand Central Bllrm A/B
What makes for a great SF RPG? How do designers find the right balance between scientific realism and fun gameplay? Which is better: space broccoli, space koalas, space octopi, or space business cards? Game designers Rob Boyle (Eclipse Phase, Shadowrun 4e), Epidiah Ravichol (Dread, Vast & Starlit), Jared Sorensen (FreeMarket, Schism), and Brennan Taylor (Bulldogs!) talk about the art & science of making kick-ass sci-fi games.
- DNA fog to identify trespassers
- How transparent aluminum armor works
- Some unexpected outcomes that could follow the singularity
- If Earth had rings
- The Seager Equation, a companion to the Drake Equation for calculating our odds at finding alien life
These and similar links can be found at http://delicious.com/infomorph
A few new things worth checking out:
- Bobby Derie posted up the first 151 entries of his Farcast Yearblog as a PDF. He's been doing an entry a day for half a year now, each with a new locations, morph, gear, item, etc.--it's interesting stuff.
- A Russian translation of Eclipse Phase's Quick-Start Rules, thanks to Alexander Kuein!
- Polish translations of the character sheet, terminology, and hacking cheat sheet, thanks to zombiak!