We've organized four panels at Gen Con this year featuring Posthumans and our brilliant & convivial industry colleagues. We expect some interesting conversations; come check them out! (Click on the titles for Gen Con's official listings).
- DNA fog to identify trespassers
- How transparent aluminum armor works
- Some unexpected outcomes that could follow the singularity
- If Earth had rings
- The Seager Equation, a companion to the Drake Equation for calculating our odds at finding alien life
These and similar links can be found at http://delicious.com/infomorph
A few new things worth checking out:
- Bobby Derie posted up the first 151 entries of his Farcast Yearblog as a PDF. He's been doing an entry a day for half a year now, each with a new locations, morph, gear, item, etc.--it's interesting stuff.
- A Russian translation of Eclipse Phase's Quick-Start Rules, thanks to Alexander Kuein!
- Polish translations of the character sheet, terminology, and hacking cheat sheet, thanks to zombiak!
The Final Countdown
There are just under eight hours left in the Transhuman Kickstarter campaign. We have smashed through every stretch goal, unlocked great stuff, and set about a course for a very busy remainder of 2013!
We have a few housekeeping notes before the campaign ends:
If we hit $120,000, every freelancer who works on any of the unlocked stretch goals is going to get a 15% bonus, and, every freelancer who works on our upcoming book Firewall will get the same 15% bonus.
Transhuman Open Playtest
We added the second draft of the Packs Character Generation system to the Open Playtest, along with the first public draft of the Life Path Character Generation system. You can check them both out here: http://eclipsephase.com/forums/transhuman-open-playtest
We have plenty of people to thank, most notably all of the backers. 1767 as I write this. Thank you. This is your fault. :-)
This post contains setup info and pregen characters for a scenario using DRYH/DYLM to portray a group of Lost Generation kids undergoing an unusual therapy at an orbital research facility. The intro information is intended for players who aren't yet familiar with the EP universe. Players totally unfamiliar with transhumanism will probably need a bit more introduction; those who know EP can probably skip much of what follows.
The Setup: General Setting Info for Players