Posthuman Studios is pleased to announce: Eclipse Phase, Second Edition, will be released this year, after a Kickstarter project and Open Playtest. The Kickstarter and Open Playtest will go live very soon, with the new edition planned for release in October.
We’ve been working on Eclipse Phase, Second Edition for a while now, conducting private playtests and refining our approach to the game, the book, and the product line. We’re really excited about folding in the lessons we’ve learned and addressing feedback from Eclipse Phase fans.
We have made five key changes to the game:
- Faster Character Creation — package-buy character creation lets people build characters quickly without overlooking necessary items. Point-based character creation and tweaking is still available.
- Streamlined Resleeving — an aptitude-linked pool system means that skills don’t need to be recalculated when a character resleeves.
- Updated Gameplay — number of skills reduced, necessary skills made easier to acquire, gear costs eliminated.
- Four Sample Teams — pre-fabbed teams can be dropped right into a game and serve as examples of balanced parties.
- Redesigned Book — a spread-based organization keeps material close-at-hand with less page-flipping.
The Eclipse Phase universe is largely the same, with a few tweaks. We’ll go deeper into the changes during the Kickstarter campaign and Open Playtest!
Eclipse Phase, Second Edition, Releases Following the print release of Eclipse Phase, Second Edition, we have a lineup planned of support products, starting with a Gamemaster’s Screen, and then followed by the Solar System Gazetteer.
For more in-depth questions, we have created a FAQ.
The Creative Team Eclipse Phase, Second Edition is developed by Rob Boyle and Jack Graham, with Adam Jury’s graphic design. Authors include Simon Berman, Rob Boyle, Katherine Cross, Nathaniel Dean, Jack Graham, Travas Gunnell, Sarah Hood, Marc Huete, Jason Mical, Ross Payton, and Evie Smith. The cover art is from Stephan Martiniere and featured artists are Christina Davis, Maggie Ivy, Kate Laird, Mitch Malloy, Mark Molnar / Pixoloid Studios, Andy Wright.
Stay Up to Date If you want to know exactly when the Eclipse Phase, Second Edition, Kickstarter and Open Playtest launches, subscribe to our mailing list!
Thanks for your support of Eclipse Phase and Posthuman Studios—we look forward to making more great games and telling new stories in the coming years! If you have any questions or comments, you can always reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.