Online Character Editor (EP2)

59 posts / 0 new
Last post
arokha arokha's picture
Online Character Editor (EP2)

https://arokha.com/eclipsehelper/sheet

I posted about this in homebrew, but it's a bit more active here and it's sort of applicable to anyone more than it being a custom setting or whatever. I made an online character editor anyone can use. You can save/import/export your character.

You can also browse through the 'Data - Gear' and click on the names of any items, and there's a button to add them to your character directly from there. Otherwise when you put in the name of an item/ware/vehicle/bot/skill/whatever on your sheet, it tries to locate it in the database and prepopulate all the info for you. That's what it means when it puts a little 'i' next to something's name on the sheet.

Franwax Franwax's picture
Is it still up?

Hey apologies... is it still up and running? I can't seem to be able to interact with the page at all...

chaos_forge chaos_forge's picture
Franwax wrote:Hey apologies..

Franwax wrote:
Hey apologies... is it still up and running? I can't seem to be able to interact with the page at all...

The page stopped working for me in Firefox, but it still works in Chromium. Have you tried a different browser?

Franwax Franwax's picture
chaos_forge wrote:Franwax

chaos_forge wrote:
Franwax wrote:
Hey apologies... is it still up and running? I can't seem to be able to interact with the page at all...

The page stopped working for me in Firefox, but it still works in Chromium. Have you tried a different browser?

Oh thanks... I tried FF and Edge but will check it out with Chrome.

arokha arokha's picture
Firefox issue

someone wrote:
Hey apologies... is it still up and running? I can't seem to be able to interact with the page at all...

Sorry, I fixed it in Firefox, you should be able to use Firefox again now.

Apparently lookbehind in regular expressions are only supported in chrome.

EDIT: You may have to Ctrl-Shift-R to refresh without cache to get the fixed version of the page.

chaos_forge chaos_forge's picture
Thanks! I just tested this

Thanks! I just tested this with my players on Saturday and we ran into a few problems:

It seems that when they have Know skills or other field skills on their character sheet and they navigate to a different tab and then back to the character sheet, it'll insert a "[Field]" into the name. So for example, "Know: Physics" will become "Know: [Field] Physics". I've tried to reproduce it on my own computer but I can't get it to happen, so I can't provide more information than that unfortunately.

Also the Morph Familiarity trait is listed as costing 6 CP instead of 1. That should be easier to fix at least, lol.

Franwax Franwax's picture
@arokha Thanks! You’re my

@arokha Thanks! You’re my hero :)
I’ll test it this evening.

arokha arokha's picture
chaos_forge wrote:It seems

chaos_forge wrote:
It seems that when they have Know skills or other field skills on their character sheet and they navigate to a different tab and then back to the character sheet, it'll insert a "[Field]" into the name.

Thanks! The traits were someone else's doing, I'll fix the data. And that thing you described WAS a bug. I fixed it yesterday(?). If they ctrl-shift-R too (or maybe they don't need to) it should be fine. They can just delete those [Know] from the names and save the sheet.

Franwax Franwax's picture
Brilliant!

It's really a great game aid. Thanks a lot!
Very minor note... I was mistaken too about this for a while, but Research skill is keyed off INT, not COG (I know it could go either way, but it looks like that's what they chose).

chaos_forge chaos_forge's picture
arokha wrote:Thanks! The

arokha wrote:
Thanks! The traits were someone else's doing, I'll fix the data. And that thing you described WAS a bug. I fixed it yesterday(?). If they ctrl-shift-R too (or maybe they don't need to) it should be fine. They can just delete those [Know] from the names and save the sheet.

Thanks! I'll let my players know it's fixed :)

arokha arokha's picture
Franwax wrote:Very minor note

Franwax wrote:
Very minor note... I was mistaken too about this for a while, but Research skill is keyed off INT, not COG (I know it could go either way, but it looks like that's what they chose).

Not sure what you mean... I have it as INT on the website everywhere I can find.

arokha arokha's picture
Import/Export Files

Just added easier import/export capability by just having direct download/upload file buttons so you don't need to copypaste anymore (you still can if you want, though). :)

Also keep in mind as a GM, you can always pre-set-up a basic template for your campaign where you know everyone is going to have the same faction or some specific gear and hand that out for players to import and set up the rest of.

Franwax Franwax's picture
arokha wrote:Franwax wrote

arokha wrote:
Franwax wrote:
Very minor note... I was mistaken too about this for a while, but Research skill is keyed off INT, not COG (I know it could go either way, but it looks like that's what they chose).

Not sure what you mean... I have it as INT on the website everywhere I can find.


Huh... that's weird... it showed under COG both in the Ego skill list and in the Muse skills; then I cleared the data and it went back to INT. My bad then!
Franwax Franwax's picture
Muse’s skills...

Oh that leads me to another question... should the Muse’s skills be increased by the related abilities? Or are the skill scores in the book the raw total. I thought it was the latter but seeing the way these are handled on the website makes me doubt.
It can make a pretty big difference for Perceive if you add twice INT to the otherwise mediocre 30 a regular Muse has in that skill...

arokha arokha's picture
Franwax wrote:Oh that leads

Franwax wrote:
Oh that leads me to another question... should the Muse’s skills be increased by the related abilities? Or are the skill scores in the book the raw total. I thought it was the latter but seeing the way these are handled on the website makes me doubt.
It can make a pretty big difference for Perceive if you add twice INT to the otherwise mediocre 30 a regular Muse has in that skill...

For the muse section, on the official EP2 character sheets at the back of the book, they have these numbers permanently in those slots. I basically just copied that and put it on this sheet. Open to suggestions though!

Franwax Franwax's picture
Muse skills (cont'd)

arokha wrote:
Franwax wrote:
Oh that leads me to another question... should the Muse’s skills be increased by the related abilities? Or are the skill scores in the book the raw total. I thought it was the latter but seeing the way these are handled on the website makes me doubt.
It can make a pretty big difference for Perceive if you add twice INT to the otherwise mediocre 30 a regular Muse has in that skill...

For the muse section, on the official EP2 character sheets at the back of the book, they have these numbers permanently in those slots. I basically just copied that and put it on this sheet. Open to suggestions though!

Ok I see... seems to me that the total skill score should be the one printed on the book/character sheet. Now, if you just transcribe those numbers into the "Rank" column, your webpage will add the related ability score. e.g. Interface: Rank = 60 + COG = 10 --> you get to a 70 in the "Total" column.
To have the right totals, one would have to reduce the skill "ranks" accordingly (e.g. making interface a 50, before COG baseline).
Funny thing, to have Perceive at 30, with an INT of 15, that implies a raw skill rank of 0 ;)

steelangeljohn steelangeljohn's picture
This... looks FANTASTIC.

This... looks FANTASTIC. Great work. Huge rep boost for this.

arokha arokha's picture
Franwax wrote:arokha wrote

Franwax wrote:
arokha wrote:
Franwax wrote:
Oh that leads me to another question... should the Muse’s skills be increased by the related abilities? Or are the skill scores in the book the raw total. I thought it was the latter but seeing the way these are handled on the website makes me doubt.
It can make a pretty big difference for Perceive if you add twice INT to the otherwise mediocre 30 a regular Muse has in that skill...

For the muse section, on the official EP2 character sheets at the back of the book, they have these numbers permanently in those slots. I basically just copied that and put it on this sheet. Open to suggestions though!

Ok I see... seems to me that the total skill score should be the one printed on the book/character sheet. Now, if you just transcribe those numbers into the "Rank" column, your webpage will add the related ability score. e.g. Interface: Rank = 60 + COG = 10 --> you get to a 70 in the "Total" column.
To have the right totals, one would have to reduce the skill "ranks" accordingly (e.g. making interface a 50, before COG baseline).
Funny thing, to have Perceive at 30, with an INT of 15, that implies a raw skill rank of 0 ;)

I'm not sure if the thing in the book is rank or total. I assume it's rank and they just leave you to do the math on your own. Hopefully. Those are some low totals if it's total! But yeah if we find anything interesting out I can update the sheet.

chaos_forge chaos_forge's picture
arokha wrote:Franwax wrote

arokha wrote:
I'm not sure if the thing in the book is rank or total. I assume it's rank and they just leave you to do the math on your own. Hopefully. Those are some low totals if it's total! But yeah if we find anything interesting out I can update the sheet.

Pretty sure they're the skill totals. ALIs can't have more than one active skill above 40, and interpreting the number in the book as rank would leave muses with perceive at 60, which is against the ALI rules. The totals are supposed to be low, because ALIs aren't supposed to be very good at what they do (otherwise why would you use a real ego to do something if an ALI can do it just as well?)

arokha arokha's picture
chaos_forge wrote:arokha

chaos_forge wrote:
arokha wrote:
I'm not sure if the thing in the book is rank or total. I assume it's rank and they just leave you to do the math on your own. Hopefully. Those are some low totals if it's total! But yeah if we find anything interesting out I can update the sheet.

Pretty sure they're the skill totals. ALIs can't have more than one active skill above 40, and interpreting the number in the book as rank would leave muses with perceive at 60, which is against the ALI rules. The totals are supposed to be low, because ALIs aren't supposed to be very good at what they do (otherwise why would you use a real ego to do something if an ALI can do it just as well?)

I hadn't seen that text (I assume you are referring to p250). Hmm, I'm curious if this is errata or not. The fact that the skill list on the charsheet and the ALI table on p327 really make me think those are RANKS, not totals, and instead it's just errata rather than meaning those are totals. I think it would be very misleading if it was listing totals for just this one thing in this one part of the book for skills rather than ranks like everywhere else.

EDIT: I asked this on reddit to see what people thought

chaos_forge chaos_forge's picture
arokha wrote:I hadn't seen

arokha wrote:
I hadn't seen that text (I assume you are referring to p250). Hmm, I'm curious if this is errata or not. The fact that the skill list on the charsheet and the ALI table on p327 really make me think those are RANKS, not totals, and instead it's just errata rather than meaning those are totals. I think it would be very misleading if it was listing totals for just this one thing in this one part of the book for skills rather than ranks like everywhere else.

Yes, I was referencing p250. But I'm not sure what it is you think is confusing about it? The stock characters all list their skill totals as well. I'm pretty sure Posthuman thinks only skill totals are worth putting on character sheets. Plus the downtime section (page 239) says "New skills are raised up from the linked aptitude rating."

It seems the way Posthuman handles it is your rank is just equal to the linked aptitude by default, and then putting more points in a skill raises the rank. But once it's raised, the rank just is whatever it is. Once you've spent the points, they don't really make a distinction between the part of the rank that comes from aptitude and the one that comes from spent skill points.

arokha arokha's picture
chaos_forge wrote:Yes, I was

chaos_forge wrote:
Yes, I was referencing p250. But I'm not sure what it is you think is confusing about it?

Well, for example, the Muse custom know skill is "at 40". But it could be based on COG or INT which are different values on a Muse. So in theory this could give you either 30 or 25 ranks in a skill depending on what you choose, which just seems weird to me I guess.

And in terms of the other pages, sure, it does say 'Total' above the skills on those though, which is why I'm still kinda 'eh' about the Muse ones because it doesn't. I mean, not just Muses, but all the ALIs in that table I guess.

Also it seems a little ... underwhelming that Muses would have a 30% chance to do any good as System defender, or with Psychosurgery and stuff. Like in what cases is that enough? It seems like most of the time they would be getting superior failures.

chaos_forge chaos_forge's picture
arokha wrote:Well, for

arokha wrote:
Well, for example, the Muse custom know skill is "at 40". But it could be based on COG or INT which are different values on a Muse. So in theory this could give you either 30 or 25 ranks in a skill depending on what you choose, which just seems weird to me I guess.

Yeah, I agree that's weird. I'd assume that's probably a case of the devs just assuming you wouldn't give your muse a Know skill based on INT, since the vast majority are based on COG, and it doesn't seem particularly useful to have your muse know about art.

arokha wrote:
And in terms of the other pages, sure, it does say 'Total' above the skills on those though, which is why I'm still kinda 'eh' about the Muse ones because it doesn't. I mean, not just Muses, but all the ALIs in that table I guess.

I mean sure it doesn't explicitly say those are the totals, but if whenever skill ranks are listed in any other situation they're the totals, why would it be different here?

arokha wrote:
Also it seems a little ... underwhelming that Muses would have a 30% chance to do any good as System defender, or with Psychosurgery and stuff. Like in what cases is that enough? It seems like most of the time they would be getting superior failures.

Yeah I agree it's not very useful for muses to have infosec at 30, but 40 wouldn't be much better, and that's the max skill total and ALI can have. Honestly, I think the problem there is that muses primary skill that they get a 60 on is interface and not infosec. If I (or any security-minded person, really) lived in eclipse phase, I would vastly prefer my muse get higher infosec over higher interface (part of why I made my ALI customization rules). As for psychosurgery, a muse can take extra time (page 32) to get a 90% chance of success, so that still seems useful.

arokha arokha's picture
Fair enough!

Fair enough!

I adjusted the muse 'rank' column defaults to have what must be the 'pre-aptitude' values (so I just subtracted the aptitudes). People with existing sheets won't see any change since they have it saved.

Also sorry if anyone has any bookmarks to the page, I tweaked it to use HTML5 state tracking so no more #/whatever URLs, now it just looks like normal URL paths (even though it's still a single page application). All the existing #/whatever URLs will just take you to quickrules.

Franwax Franwax's picture
It is true that Muses make

It is true that Muses make for crappy IT security assistants :p If anything, you’re slightly better off entrusting this role to the group’s TacNet (Infosec 40). On the other hand, that’s probably why it’s recommended to have a hacker in every group!

ICU2 ICU2's picture
Franwax wrote:It is true that

Franwax wrote:
It is true that Muses make for crappy IT security assistants :p If anything, you’re slightly better off entrusting this role to the group’s TacNet (Infosec 40). On the other hand, that’s probably why it’s recommended to have a hacker in every group!

Muses have been working with you since you were a child, not just since you were a secret agent. In all that time it is perfectly reasonable that they have had far more need to assist you with Interface than with Infosec. Once you become a secret agent, getting something with a better Infosec makes perfect sense, but that's not your nanny/buddy muse.
Franwax Franwax's picture
ICU2 wrote:Muses have been

ICU2 wrote:
Muses have been working with you since you were a child, not just since you were a secret agent. In all that time it is perfectly reasonable that they have had far more need to assist you with Interface than with Infosec. Once you become a secret agent, getting something with a better Infosec makes perfect sense, but that's not your nanny/buddy muse.

Quite right. Infosec 30 is probably enough to get by in everyday life, which is what is expected of Muses. Not everyone is facing active professional interference! Once you do though, it’s time to upgrade.
DivineWrath DivineWrath's picture
I think Muses having

I think Muses having interface 60 is appropriate for them. This helps people to use technology, with the Muse being the tool between you and the device. Without them, most people would have to make due with defaulting, which would probably give them a target number somewhere around 15.

ICU2 ICU2's picture
DivineWrath wrote:I think

DivineWrath wrote:
I think Muses having interface 60 is appropriate for them. This helps people to use technology, with the Muse being the tool between you and the device. Without them, most people would have to make due with defaulting, which would probably give them a target number somewhere around 15.

I agree that Interface is an important skill for muses to focus upon, but I think 'most people' are likely to have some skill points in interface too unless the assumption is that they all turn to their muses for such tasks (a not entirely unrealistic assumption). If taking this stance, then Interface becomes much like Pilot--nobody bothers to develop low-to-middle levels because AI covers it, so the few people that bother to learn it tend to push to be very good at it.
chaos_forge chaos_forge's picture
ICU2 wrote:Muses have been

ICU2 wrote:
Muses have been working with you since you were a child, not just since you were a secret agent. In all that time it is perfectly reasonable that they have had far more need to assist you with Interface than with Infosec. Once you become a secret agent, getting something with a better Infosec makes perfect sense, but that's not your nanny/buddy muse.

I didn't say "if I was a firewall agent," I said "if I lived in Eclipse Phase." I don't know about you, but if it was possible for for people to hack my literal brain, I'd want that shit locked down with the tightest security known to humanity.

Maybe that's just me being paranoid, but anyone who's ever been involved in network engineering, or system administration, or any similar field will tell you that when it comes to securing systems that are connected the internet, anything less than absolute paranoia might as well be the same as no security system at all. My parents run a minor email server for my family (4 people). Do you how often someone tries to hack into it? Several times per second.

I shudder to think of the scale these constant assaults would take in an ultra-high-tech future like Eclipse Phase. And now imagine that if hackers get in, instead of be being able to read your emails, they're able to read your mind.

chaos_forge chaos_forge's picture
Anyways, to go back to the

Anyways, to go back to the original topic . . .

@arokha, I just thought of another suggestion: would it be possible to make the skill list sortable? Being able to sort it by name, linked aptitude, rank, etc, would be pretty useful. I know a lot of tables on sites like Wikipedia for example let you sort them by a certain column by clicking on the column name.

As always, thanks so much for your hard work in making this, and let me know at any point if my suggestions are getting annoying, lol

ICU2 ICU2's picture
I read that most transhumans

I read that most transhumans are in Splicers, so most of them have brains that cannot be hacked. Of course, this conflicts with the ideas of the clanking masses and the hordes of disembodied infomorphs, so it comes down to each GMs game for that.

chaos_forge chaos_forge's picture
ICU2 wrote:I read that most

ICU2 wrote:
I read that most transhumans are in Splicers, so most of them have brains that cannot be hacked. Of course, this conflicts with the ideas of the clanking masses and the hordes of disembodied infomorphs, so it comes down to each GMs game for that.

Fair. I'd probably assume that the statistic about splicers is only considering embodied transhumans. And from what I've read of the 2e book, it seems like they've made the "clanking masses" a more Luna-specific thing instead of a system-wide thing.

But anyways, my point is that even a regular person has plenty of reason to be paranoid about internet security :)

chaos_forge chaos_forge's picture
Also, I just tried

Also, I just tried downloading a character sheet, and it doesn't seem to be working; when I click the button, nothing happens. I'm running Firefox on Debian Linux, in case it matters. The import function seems to be working fine though!

arokha arokha's picture
chaos_forge wrote:Also, I

chaos_forge wrote:
Also, I just tried downloading a character sheet, and it doesn't seem to be working; when I click the button, nothing happens. I'm running Firefox on Debian Linux, in case it matters. The import function seems to be working fine though!

Hmm! The method I'm using to start a download appears to only work in chrome. I'll see if I can find another with better browser support.

arokha arokha's picture
arokha wrote:chaos_forge

arokha wrote:
chaos_forge wrote:
Also, I just tried downloading a character sheet, and it doesn't seem to be working; when I click the button, nothing happens. I'm running Firefox on Debian Linux, in case it matters. The import function seems to be working fine though!

Hmm! The method I'm using to start a download appears to only work in chrome. I'll see if I can find another with better browser support.

Ok, played with it a bit, it should work in firefox. I can't get it to work in Edge, though. But... I'm not too concerned about that I guess.

chaos_forge chaos_forge's picture
arokha wrote:Ok, played with

arokha wrote:
Ok, played with it a bit, it should work in firefox. I can't get it to work in Edge, though. But... I'm not too concerned about that I guess.

Can confirm it's working for me now, thanks :)
Also, did you see what I suggested earlier about sorting the skills list? It's sort of sandwiched between posts about muse infosec

Franwax Franwax's picture
Arachnoid

Oh, I just caught something... the Arachnoid morph shows an exotic Morphology at level 1 instead of 3 (for when there’s a chance to fix).
Thanks again for the great game help and for listening to feedback!

arokha arokha's picture
chaos_forge wrote:Also, did

chaos_forge wrote:
Also, did you see what I suggested earlier about sorting the skills list? It's sort of sandwiched between posts about muse infosec

I did not! It's now implemented on character and muse skills. There's no way to UN-sort them (just save and refresh the page I guess).

Franwax wrote:
the Arachnoid morph shows an exotic Morphology at level 1 instead of 3 [...] Thanks again for the great game help and for listening to feedback!

Fixed, and you're welcome!

chaos_forge chaos_forge's picture
arokha wrote:I did not! It's

arokha wrote:
I did not! It's now implemented on character and muse skills. There's no way to UN-sort them (just save and refresh the page I guess).

Wow, that was quick! Thanks so much!

chaos_forge chaos_forge's picture
Oh, I just realized another

Oh, I just realized another bug: Choosing a faction (in the Chargen guide tab) doesn't give you its associated Know skill

Also, it seems the muse skills aren't editable any more? That kinda sucks since now I can't fix the muse skills that were affected by the Field skill bug from earlier, and it means you can't have a non-standard muse if you want to

Speaking of muses, it seems their skills still aren't completely fixed? For example, when I reload the page they have research at 35 instead of 30 and perceive at 40 instead of 30

arokha arokha's picture
chaos_forge wrote:Oh, I just

chaos_forge wrote:
Oh, I just realized another bug: Choosing a faction (in the Chargen guide tab) doesn't give you its associated Know skill

Oh, I... huh. I didn't know that was a thing until just now. Not really a bug so much as not-yet-a-feature! I'll add it soon.

chaos_forge wrote:
Also, it seems the muse skills aren't editable any more? That kinda sucks since now I can't fix the muse skills that were affected by the Field skill bug from earlier, and it means you can't have a non-standard muse if you want to

Not sure what you mean. They're editable for me... are you trying to edit the totals? Edit the ranks instead. The totals are just for clicking to roll them. Or do you mean editing the names? They've never been editable, same as on the normal character skills. The ones without the 'delete' minus are marked as 'mandatory', aka they're immutable, so they always show up on the sheet and can't be removed (in case you want to default on them). I can make the muse ones all not-mandatory if you think that's appropriate (they can't default anyway, so...). I mostly did it to prevent accidental deletions on them. ... Okay, I did that now.

chaos_forge wrote:
Speaking of muses, it seems their skills still aren't completely fixed? For example, when I reload the page they have research at 35 instead of 30 and perceive at 40 instead of 30

You bring up an interesting point. The research one was just me being bad at math, shh. I fixed it. But the PERCEIVE one. ... ... That skill is impossible. 2x INT (since perceive is rank+2*aptitude) is 30 on a muse, which means they have 0 rank in perceive, but ALIs can't default. That skill value is impossible to attain on an ALI with 15 INT because it implies they're defaulting on perceive which they can't do. Uhm. Hm. I'll set ranks to 0, but this is obviously errata, unless there's a part in the book that says the 2x aptitude boost for fray/perceive doesn't apply to ALIs.

chaos_forge chaos_forge's picture
arokha wrote:Or do you mean

arokha wrote:
Or do you mean editing the names? They've never been editable, same as on the normal character skills.

Wait, really? I could've sworn they were editable at some point . . . I distinctly remember fixing the names of some of my muse's skills that had been affected by the [Field] skill bug . . .

But anyways, yeah as someone who's interested in running with non-standard muses, I definitely appreciate it!

arokha wrote:
The ones without the 'delete' minus are marked as 'mandatory', aka they're immutable, so they always show up on the sheet and can't be removed (in case you want to default on them).

In that case, should Psi be marked as non-mandatory too, since you can't use it unless you have the psi trait?

arokha wrote:
You bring up an interesting point. The research one was just me being bad at math, shh. I fixed it. But the PERCEIVE one. ... ... That skill is impossible. 2x INT (since perceive is rank+2*aptitude) is 30 on a muse, which means they have 0 rank in perceive, but ALIs can't default. That skill value is impossible to attain on an ALI with 15 INT because it implies they're defaulting on perceive which they can't do. Uhm. Hm. I'll set ranks to 0, but this is obviously errata, unless there's a part in the book that says the 2x aptitude boost for fray/perceive doesn't apply to ALIs.

Yeah, that's true . . . that definitely seems like an errata to me

arokha arokha's picture
chaos_forge wrote:Oh, I just

chaos_forge wrote:
Oh, I just realized another bug: Choosing a faction (in the Chargen guide tab) doesn't give you its associated Know skill

Ok, implemented this. It adds the skill for you now.

arokha arokha's picture
Mmkay, added a second feature

Mmkay, added a second feature for the sheet: a character tracker that lets you keep track of simplified views of several characters at once, like a party or just several characters you've created in a library. How you use it/what you use it for is up to you obviously.

Franwax Franwax's picture
CP tracker

Oh I saw the new CP counter in the chargen guide.. cool, but hear me out: here’s what I had in mind (let me know if it’s just crazy talk):
How about a counter that picks up the modifications you make in the sheet and accrues points automatically?
- When the total of Aptitude points exceeds 90, add one CP per point beyond that
- When active skills go beyond 400 base ranks / know skills beyond 250 base ranks, +0.2 CP per extra rank
- when you add one Ego pool, +2CP
- Ego traits, positive and negative, also contribute to their CP value
- Rep points beyond 100, +0.2 CP per point
There’s languages too but that’s less important...

Sorry if that is too much... not sure how hard it would be.

Morph points and Gear points would be trickier as there is some overlap between the two (ware can be obtained by either) and you’d have to distinguish ware that is part of the Morph’s basic package and ware acquired on top of it, so I won’t go into that.

chaos_forge chaos_forge's picture
The Notes text box is kinda

The Notes text box is kinda annoying to use . . . would it be possible to make it behave more like a normal text box?

BlckKnght BlckKnght's picture
Gear section is gone?

Currently in Firefox I can't access the gear section of the Data Pages. It just shows the footer immediately below the top tabs. The other data pages sections work fine.

chaos_forge wrote:
The Notes text box is kinda annoying to use . . . would it be possible to make it behave more like a normal text box?

I'd broaden this to many of the other text boxes on the character sheet. There are several inconvenient things about them. First of all, it's difficult to get rid of the < default > text that's prepopulated in most fields. If I try to double click, I only get one word selected, and never the <> characters at the ends. If I triple click to select the full field, the page somehow unfocuses the text field, and so I can't type over the selected text, or delete it (and backspace gets interpreted as a request to go back in by browsing history). I need to manually drag to select all the text, or delete the characters individually.

I'm pretty sure there's a way to have default text in a box that disappears as soon as a user tries to enter something of their own there. A quick google suggests that in HTML5 you want: placeholder="< whatever >" in the input tag.

Perhaps related, I've had some fields behave very strangely when I try to move to the end of them. If I press the End key, or press the right arrow repeatedly, the fields sometimes lose focus (and then I sometimes end up scrolling to the bottom of the page, since the top-level browser gets the keypress instead of the textbox). I can't seem to reproduce this today, so maybe this issue has already been fixed without me noticing until now, or it may be happening only in a specific field that I don't remember.

Anyway, despite these issues, this is a great tool. Thanks for building it!

Don Piano Don Piano's picture
I love it! Thank you so much

I love it! Thank you so much for putting the effort in this!

I've been trying to create a second character but somehow I can't find the button to add one to the list under Char. Tracker. Am I missing a button somehow? Or is that just not intended yet?

Erithtotl Erithtotl's picture
Love this tool.

Love this tool.

Any thoughts on building a function that can export it into a more printable format?

Also, I suggest adding an infection mod column to the PSI slights section.

Finally, if you need some assistance I'm happy to lend my programming skills for enhancements.

arokha arokha's picture
BlckKnght wrote:A quick

BlckKnght wrote:
A quick google suggests that in HTML5 you want: placeholder="< whatever >" in the input tag.

They aren't input fields. They're spans with the texteditable attribute set, so they don't use the same stuff as input fields. I couldn't get fields to look nice... browsers really really want to style checkboxes and stuff themselves and it's really hard to wrangle them into looking nice, even with using UI libraries like Fomantic/Semantic (which this site uses). I personally just use ctrl-A to highlight them, but I can take the < and > off the edges it might be easier. Or just put 'Blank' on each of them instead or... well. I can tweak it.

BlckKnght wrote:

Perhaps related, I've had some fields behave very strangely when I try to move to the end of them. If I press the End key, or press the right arrow repeatedly, the fields sometimes lose focus (and then I sometimes end up scrolling to the bottom of the page, since the top-level browser gets the keypress instead of the textbox). I can't seem to reproduce this today, so maybe this issue has already been fixed without me noticing until now, or it may be happening only in a specific field that I don't remember.

Huh. I dunno about that one. Might be browser thing? I don't have any special behavior for arrowkeys or end key or anything.

BlckKnght wrote:

Currently in Firefox I can't access the gear section of the Data Pages. It just shows the footer immediately below the top tabs. The other data pages sections work fine.

Hm! I don't have that problem in firefox. If you hit F12 and look at the 'Console' in developer tools, are there errors for you? Do you have any noscript plugins or anything?

Pages