Online Character Editor (EP2)

59 posts / 0 new
Last post
BlckKnght BlckKnght's picture
web issues?

arokha wrote:
They aren't input fields.

Ah, well, I'm not sure what the best solution might be. I know very little about web dev, so take any advice I give with a massive grain of salt.

Quote:
BlckKnght wrote:
Perhaps related, I've had some fields behave very strangely when I try to move to the end of them. If I press the End key, or press the right arrow repeatedly, the fields sometimes lose focus (and then I sometimes end up scrolling to the bottom of the page, since the top-level browser gets the keypress instead of the textbox). I can't seem to reproduce this today, so maybe this issue has already been fixed without me noticing until now, or it may be happening only in a specific field that I don't remember.

Huh. I dunno about that one. Might be browser thing? I don't have any special behavior for arrowkeys or end key or anything.

It's quite consistent for me that pressing the End key while editing almost anything scrolls the whole page down, rather than going to the end of the field. That's just the default behavior of my browser, so it may just be that for some reason the editable field is not intercepting the keypress properly. I'd thought it had something to do with the circle-i buttons that get added to some fields when they match a data entry. But it seems like it occurs without the buttons being present too, though it may be only an issue in the fields they can exist in.

A few easy reproduction cases:

Click the + under either of the Ego Traits sections. Click somewhere in the middle of "< Input Trait Name >". Press END. For me this always scrolls to the bottom of the page (without moving the cursor within the field). If I instead press the right arrow key, it moves the cursor right, but once I go past the ">" at the end of the text, it deselects the field and I'm no longer editing it.

The same thing happens when I add a new skill and try to edit its name.

The issue doesn't occur in fields that don't do any data lookups, like the character name and motivations. It also doesn't appear to happen in any of the summary fields for gear, cyberware or traits.

Quote:
BlckKnght wrote:
Currently in Firefox I can't access the gear section of the Data Pages. It just shows the footer immediately below the top tabs. The other data pages sections work fine.

Hm! I don't have that problem in firefox. If you hit F12 and look at the 'Console' in developer tools, are there errors for you? Do you have any noscript plugins or anything?

This seems to have fixed itself now. I have no idea what was causing it over the last few days, but refreshing the screen (even hard-reloading) didn't help. Today it's fine! And since nobody else mentioned having issues, maybe it was indeed some strange thing on my end.

chaos_forge chaos_forge's picture
I seem to remember being able

I seem to remember being able to click skill totals to roll checks for them in the character sheet, but that doesn't seem to be possible any more . . . did you change that, or is it a bug?

arokha arokha's picture
chaos_forge wrote:I seem to

chaos_forge wrote:
I seem to remember being able to click skill totals to roll checks for them in the character sheet, but that doesn't seem to be possible any more . . . did you change that, or is it a bug?

Bug, fixed.

arokha arokha's picture
BlckKnght wrote:

BlckKnght wrote:

It's quite consistent for me that pressing the End key while editing almost anything scrolls the whole page down, rather than going to the end of the field. That's just the default behavior of my browser, so it may just be that for some reason the editable field is not intercepting the keypress properly. I'd thought it had something to do with the circle-i buttons that get added to some fields when they match a data entry. But it seems like it occurs without the buttons being present too, though it may be only an issue in the fields they can exist in.

A few easy reproduction cases:

Click the + under either of the Ego Traits sections. Click somewhere in the middle of "< Input Trait Name >". Press END. For me this always scrolls to the bottom of the page (without moving the cursor within the field). If I instead press the right arrow key, it moves the cursor right, but once I go past the ">" at the end of the text, it deselects the field and I'm no longer editing it.

The same thing happens when I add a new skill and try to edit its name.

The issue doesn't occur in fields that don't do any data lookups, like the character name and motivations. It also doesn't appear to happen in any of the summary fields for gear, cyberware or traits.

I can reproduce this, but only in Firefox. Chrome just goes to the end of the editable field. Very strange! Well, I might be able to capture the 'end' keypress and just move the cursor to the end. I see that firefox also scrolls up/down when using arrowkeys in contenteditable blocks, which is annoying. I can try to fix that for you.

EricLinder EricLinder's picture
Rules question (Desperate for clarification)

I have a question about trait purchase in character creation.
When spending customization points to buy traits like resources 2/4/6/8 with a cost according to the level of the trait desired, to get level 4(max level) in resources, do I spend 8 CP for level 4 resources or 20CP total?

DivineWrath DivineWrath's picture
If you want resources 4, you

If you want resources 4, you would spend to spend 8 cp.

Franwax Franwax's picture
EricLinder wrote:I have a

EricLinder wrote:
I have a question about trait purchase in character creation.
When spending customization points to buy traits like resources 2/4/6/8 with a cost according to the level of the trait desired, to get level 4(max level) in resources, do I spend 8 CP for level 4 resources or 20CP total?

I'm pretty sure the cost is not cumulative, i.e. you pay 8 CP for Resouces 4 in your example.
CrazyMind-102 CrazyMind-102's picture
Love the Online Character Editor

Hey,

I just wanted to tell you my appreciation for your project. I thought about doing something similar but your execution is quite nice.

This message was written under regard of netiquette, correctness and if need arose kindness.
Thank you for your time
.

Pages