So I started working on a Pre-Fall campaign for new players, to introduce them to the background without 'all that reading'. (Yeah, I know.) So part of my thing is figuring out news blurbs to insert in downtimes to provide said background and immersion. I'll keep adding to it as I come up with my list of 100, so if you guys want to appropriate any of it, feel free.
And here we go....
1. (Visuals of people doing vaguely exciting things around Earth, low orbit, and the Jovian system) "The US Army - protecting America. Protecting the Earth. Protecting the stars. Join today."
2. (Visuals of a Flat, clearly in declining health, signing something with a smile on his face, a flyby shot of a Venusian aerostat, techy backgrounds, ending with a shot of what looks like the same man in an Olympian morph with the exact same facial features, smiling) "At Valdasur Mining, a three year contract doesn't just mean a new job or a new planet, it means a new you. Apply today."
3. "Weebo News today learned that Egypt has closed it's borders with the Sudanese Caliphate and has moved troops to reinforce the Aswan Dam, citing 'terroristic threats' and 'a breakdown in order'. No official statement from the Caliphate."
4. "Today the ICS Crystal Wind, the first extrasolar colony ship, celebrated it's 10th year in flight with announcement of a special lotttery of 100 extra seats, open to all in the solar system. The BSE Corporation, which is the owner of the Crystal Wind, announced that contest rules and entry forms will be available after contacting Wilson Kaulung Marketing of Mars, and will be drawn on the 11th anniversary of the flight. Winners must make their own travel accomodations. Their trip is expected to last 800 years."
5. "The Russian government today said it expected to find no survivors of what has been called a 'containment failure' at a Lukos antimatter facility in Mercurian orbit. No casualty figures have been given, and no Lukos representative was available for comment."
The dog ate my signature